Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mr. Grumpy Gills

*WARNING: Rant Post Ahead* It's just one of those days, and I'd like there to be proof that I did at least some of the work I was meant to do.

Stayed home sick today, and missed yet another critique this morning while I writhed in pain. Here's most of what I was supposed to turn in for my art classes today:
"Poison Buffet" for Project one. I'm worried that it's too colorful,
that the atmospheric lighting isn't apparent enough.

Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Mermaid"
obviously not done. It took forever to do the mermaid's lines, and now they're  thinner than I wanted,
the perspective on the lighthouse is wrong, and I may not be able to turn it in now since it's late.
Uuuuugh.
 And then I didn't have time to make actual sketches for my next project about "Samhain"-- basically the original Celtic version of Halloween-- which I'm super bummed about because Halloween is tied for first of my favorite holidays and I'm really excited to work on this one. At least I did some research and have a couple of ideas. Yay for convenient Pinterest boards where I can quickly gather reference.
The one thing I kinda finished today: my character design for Hen Wen. But I'm thinking
that she was supposed to look a little more like an animated cartoon than so realistic.
But at least she's cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment